Really interesting old article I found about Organic Search vs Social Referrals.
Five cool facts about Facebook according to Economist, Social Times, CNN
1. 85 percent of women are annoyed by their friends (note—I don't think this is just limited to Facebook!)
2. Links about sex are shared 90 percent more than any other link.
3. More than 350 million users suffer from Facebook Addiction Syndrome.
4. 25 percent of users don't bother with any kind of privacy control.
5. The average Facebook user has 130 friends.
Are you one of those stats?
We just received and email with the subject of "Power of Social Media", and we thought it was an incredible example for people like us who work with this every single day! So we want to share it you guys, enjoy it!!
"A musician named Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines. United apparently damaged his treasured Taylor guitar ($3500) during a flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar. During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for YouTube exposing their lack of cooperation.
The Manager responded: "Good luck with that one, pal." So he posted a retaliatory video on YouTube. The video has since received over 6 million hits. United Airlines contacted the musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video. Naturally his response was:"Good luck with that one, pal." Taylor Guitars sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has led to a sharp increase in orders. But that's not all – Dave's written a book, has become a popular speaker and of course has had some terrific advertising for his group."
5 social media lessons from Star Wars.
1. You can do great things from a remote planet.
2. You must learn from someone wiser than you (who isn’t evil)
3. Your friends are critical to your survival.
4. You can’t avoid the death grip.
5. Your strength alone won’t save you.
"It's time to start taking Facebook and other social networking tools seriously and stop treating them like toys or hobbies. A simple mistake could cost your business dearly!... It's really disturbing the number of "Social Media Professionals" who are breaking the rules!"
Check Link for Full Article: